Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Generation 1-Chapter 7



 "Jules!" I called Julie out. She looked up at me and smiled. "You know what today is?"

"No, Mommeyy," she said. I smiled back at her and gently picked her up.

"It's your birthday!" I told her, tickling her. "You're one today!"




"That goes for you too, Baby Girl," Ryan told Layla.



"Are you girls ready?" I asked them.

"YES!" they giggled.

"If you're not ready, the cookie monster will get you!" Ryan said, laughing.

"No, Daddey. The tooktie-monster eats tookties!" Layla told him.


 As it seems, Julie inherited Ryan's hair color, and facial structure. But she also got my eyes. It's so unreal as to how much she looks like the both of us, nearly the perfect blend.


Layla, on the other hand, had black hair. I honestly have no clue as to where that came from, but I'm guessing it was from a past relative. She inherited Ryan's lovely eye color and more of a mix of our facial structures.


We gave them strawberry cake-flavored baby food, since they cannot yet eat solid foods. But they seemed to be enjoying it. What they didn't know was, they'd have to be eating baby food more often. It was time for the bottles to go! ....I might hold off a little while on taking the pacifiers away from them though. They get cranky when they're tired.


"So what does the most beautiful woman in the world think we should do today?" Ryan asked. I kissed him.

"Oh, I don't know. What does the most handsome man in the world think we should do today?" I countered.

"I think. . . ." he broke off.


"I think," he started again, "marry me?"

"Oh my. Ry ar-"

"Jen, I've had nearly two years to think about this. I want nothing more than this. We've been with each other through thick and thin, and I know I love you. You're the perfect mother, a perfect girlfriend, a perfect roommate, the perfect intelligent woman and I'm pretty darn sure you'll be the perfect wife. Marry me?" I smiled.

"Of course I'll marry you, Ry," I told him.



"Just for you," he said.


 "Oh my! I love it!" I exclaimed. He got to his feet.


 "Hug me?" he asked.


"I love you," I said.



"Very good!" I complimented Layla as she started taking her first steps.



"You'll be walking in no time, Jules," Ryan told our daughter.


"Aren't they so adorable?" I asked Ryan from the doorway to the twins' room.

"That they are, love, that they are."

"It's hard to think that just a year ago I gave birth to them, and Layla was so sick.."

"Yes, but she recovered," he said. 

"It was a bumpy road, but eventually she recovered."

"I'm just the happiest man alive. I have a perfect fiancee, and perfect kids," Ryan cooed. I laughed as the twins started crying.

"Sounds like it's bed time!" I said, scooping up Julie in my arms.


No comments:

Post a Comment