Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Generation 1-Chapter 6


 I was only seven months pregnant when I felt it. A pain like no other, ripping through my body in waves.


I stared down at my body as something trickled down my pant legs. I found it hard to focus on anything, but I knew this wasn't supposed to happen nonetheless. "Ry!" I yelled. My water had broken. I was going into labor.

"What?" I heard him ask.

"HURRY, D***IT!" I screamed back as my face contorted in pain.

"Oh sh**!" he exclaimed as he walked in the room and realized what was happening.


"You'll be okay, Jen," Ryan kept saying as they wheeled me away. "Our baby will be okay. I love you!" I heard his words clearly, although I didn't believe all of them. I knew he loved me, however. It was hard to think that about a year ago we met, and now we were having children.

I looked him hard in the eye before they took me from him and said, "I love you too, Ry."


"Nurse, is the baby going to be okay? Is Jen going to be okay?" Ryan asked her.

"I cannot guarantee anything, sir. In the state Ms. Cliffe is in, we cannot postpone the labor. Unfortunately this also means that the baby will be premature, and there are some consequences to that," she said.



I grunted in pain as I watched them talking in hushed tones. I kept hearing the word 'C-section,' which I didn't like too well. I bit my lip as another contraction came through.


"Dont worry, Ms. Cliffe," one of the nurses said to me as the procedure began.
~~~~



"So how do you feel?" Ryan asked me. I sighed.

"Sore," I replied simply. "Have you heard any word?"

"The nurse says Julie is doing fine. Great, actually," he said smiling. My eyes widened.

"What about Layla?" I asked him.

"Layla?"

"Oh my. They didn't tell you, did they?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"No?"

"Ry... We had twins. Twin girls. Julie and Layla."


Soon after that the nurse rushed in with little Julie in her arms. "Look who wants to see you!" the nurse exclaimed.


Ryan scooched onto the small hospital bed with me, and Julie in between us. I felt a little more comfortable now, knowing Julie was fine and doing good. But I still worried about her.

Ryan's POV


"How is she doing?" I asked one of the nurses that was entering the unit. The nurse's expression turned grim.

"Sir.. She was blue when born. Her body has yet to get used to the oxygen that it has been exposed to so suddenly. She's thin, though that's because the other baby was getting most of the nutrients. We have to keep her on a ventilator indefinitely, until we see an improvement."

"When can I see her?" I asked.

"I don't know," the nurse said before walking away.


"Don't worry Layla," I told her, though I knew she couldn't possibly hear me, "we'll all be a big happy family soon."

3 comments:

  1. Yay Twins! But it they're early and it seems they might lose one :'(. I hope Layla makes it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (: I hope our little Layla makes it too.
      Next chapter out soon. ;)

      Delete