Pages

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Generation1-Chapter 3: Drunk Nights


The next day seemed to go by slowly. But it took hours for me to find something to wear! In my excitement to go out onto a date, I had completely forgotten how poor I truly was. I was super nervous with butterflies in my stomach.


He showed up at nightfall, around seven PM. All I had to show was an ugly dress and my only pair of sneakers. I stood back and let him look me over. He started LAUGHING! I frowned. "What?" I asked, not even bothering to hide my agitation.


He cleared his throat slightly and smiled. "Nothing. Ready to go?" he asked, offering his arm. I sighed, looping my arm through his before setting off.


Once we were on the road, which took a while (he opened the door for me, and closed it and everything!), I was full of questions. "So where are we going?" I asked. No answer. "Why is it a formal occasion?" No answer. ". . . . Why did you laugh?" His grin told me he wasn't going to answer any of my questions, so I stopped asking.

He parked in the parking lot of a local store. I turned and gave him a questioning look, but, of course, he didn't reveal anything. He went in the store, coming out a few moments with a large bag. Unfortunately I couldn't see into the bag. He put the bag into the trunk, and we drove on.


"Go put this on," he said once we were inside The Grind. His tone was sweet and caring, not judging. I took the bag from his hands and walked into the nearest bathroom. I was grateful he had thought of me as he did; the outfit I was wearing was not for a dance club. . . not one bit.


I got into the outfit Ryan had picked for me. He had pretty good taste for a man, I have to admit. The braid that was in my hair didn't please me with my current outfit, so I also fixed it differently using the very dirty bathroom mirror.


He was waiting near the entrance when I came out. He wasn't the only one watching, though. I swallowed hard as I walked out, hearing several snooty comments from the other girls, and whistles and such from the boys. My cheeks burned, and I knew I was blushing. Like a boss, I thought for a moment.


"Now don't you look simply mind-blowing, Jennie," he said.

I smiled. "Thank you. I would have never been able to afford a dress such as this! I'm glad you let me use it," I told him.

He grinned. "Borrow? It's yours."

I shook my head. "Oh, no, I can't take this!" I exclaimed.  

"Too bad!"














When I awoke the next morning, I was stunned. I had a throbbing headache, and I couldn't hardly recall a thing. But that wasn't the least of my worries. I woke up, and I was lying on Ryan. Not to mention I was in my pajamas, and he was in his boxers. It could have been worse, I thought.


What have I done? What will he think? How far did we go?! I bit my lip as I waited for Ryan to wake.

2 comments: