Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Generation 2-Chapter 4


"Please," I drew out the word to hopefully make more of an impact.

"No, I said," Mom muttered as she roamed throughout the cabin we were renting, gathering dirty clothes on the floor."

"Well why not?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Because I said so!" she exclaimed, a glint of anger in her eyes. "Now, help me get these to the washer." I bent down to help her get the clothes, but I was determined. There was no way I was going to be defeated.

"Mom, please, everyone is going to be there," I pleaded. She let out a long sigh.

"Well you're not everyone," she shot back.

This called for drastic measures. . .

Getting in her line of sight, I made sure to give the most pitiful face, along with the "puppy pout." I could see her hard exterior begin to soften. She couldn't resist for too much longer.

"Fine," she mumbled.

"YES!"

"But don't stay out too late! And be careful!" she shouted as I bound to get dressed.


After about two hours I was finally ready. It was going to be one of the greatest nights of the year because tonight I was going to go to my first club. The good thing about being in Bridgeport is all the night clubs. Party people, my favorite kind.

We were in Bridgeport on a sort of vacation, to get a break from our normal agenda.We've been here nearly a week already, and I'm not exactly sure when we'll go back or even if  we will.


Bridgeport was much bigger than Sunset Valley. In some ways, I loved Bridgeport. It's party atmosphere was so very hard to resist, but in other ways I was scared by it. I knew Sunset Valley like the back of my hand; back roads, secret trails, everything. But with Bridgeport all I know is the big lights, and a few dark alleys.

What if I got lost?

What if I got ran over?

What if I was pushed off the bridge?

You never know what could happen to you in Bridgeport, especially when you're unaware of the famous terrain. Those things could very well happen in Sunset Valley, but there, at least, I have some sense of security.

I will just have to trust the people here. Trust the city. Besides, there's people all around. I suppose that if something were to happen, someone would see it. Right?


I really wasn't sure what to think upon first entrance. People were scattered in small cliques, doing anything from arm wrestling, to dancing wildly. The club was dark inside, dimly lit by torches lining the walls.

Tunes from a piano filled my ear drums, and eventually I began to get used to it.

Thick in the air was a sour-sweet smell of alcohol, and drunks hidden away in shadowy corners.


On stage was mysterious man, rapidly playing the piano. He had what looked like a "V" tattoo on his neck. He rocked with the music, allowing it to fill his veins, consume him, and letting it flow to him. He never looked down at his keys, and I could tell he was a pro.


Eventually he was joined by a woman, and another man. They were unusually pale, and her eyes seemed to glow a bright yellow. I shrugged it off; perhaps it was the light. However, they too played like pros.


The man was just as pale as the woman, though from where I was standing it looked like he had red contacts in, probably to match the red-black theme. He didn't seem as focused as the other two, but he played flawlessly. He'd smirk each time the crowd chanted, "Celestial Shadow!"

I found it to be an odd band name. What did it mean? How did they come up with it? What was its significance?


"You're not from around here, are you?" the pianist asked on his break.

"How did you guess?" I laughed.

"Just a sense, I guess," he smiled.


"Do you want to go some where else and talk?" he suggested.

"Well, I don't know.."

I wasn't so sure going some where with this stranger was such a good idea, even though he was in a cool band. I was curious, but that didn't mean I was willing to go off somewhere to find out.


"Oh, come on," he persisted.

"N-" I started, but didn't finish.

Suddenly I felt something. Now I had the urge to follow him, where ever he went. At this point I could have probably follow him to the moon and back. "Okay," I mumbled, still baffled by my sudden decision, but I seemed unable to resist.


When we finally found a place to sit, he had led me to the VIP section, which at this time was completely empty except for us. He didn't talk much. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts. Or bored to death, I couldn't tell which. He just listened to me ramble on about music, my life, and my family.

That was until he suddenly planted a kiss on me.

I was taken off guard, but one look from his bright-glowing blue eyes and I couldn't stop myself.


I wasn't sure what had happened to me. One minute I was being an innocent little girl, and the next I was making out with the pianist from Celestial Shadow.

I melted each time he kissed my neck. It sent a shock through me, a spark, and left me wanting more. I kissed him back, lustfully, begging for more.. But I couldn't stop. I wanted to. But it was as if my body were my enemy, with a mind of its own. 

Suddenly he stopped, his lips hovering above my neck.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

Next thing I knew, I was feeling a pain unlike any other. All I could see was the shine of fangs, glowing eyes, and blood hitting his shirt. My blood. He held me frozen in place by thick arms, strength not human. What was he?

"Wha-" I mumbled.


"Oh, and welcome to Bridgeport," he said as he stormed out.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A special thanks to Calista for letting me use her screenshot of Bridgeport! 
I love it.
It's amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment